Buying DS1 A Kindle

(4 Posts)
Happypiglet Fri 11-Jan-13 19:38:10

i am toying with getting a basic Kindle for DS1 for his ninth birthday in a few weeks.
My plan was to register it to my existing Kindle account as he already has a few books on there that I bought for him to read on my kindle on holiday.
Does anyone know this? When it arrives will all my Kindle content automatically download to his kindle or can I select which books he has on his Kindle? I obviously do not want adult books on his device.
If I can pick and choose what he has on his device that would help! Also can I then delete the kids books off my device while still having them available to him?
When I by e books in future will it ask me which device to whisper net them to.... With one device it just seems to happen automatically IYSWIM!
Any help greatly appreciated!

butterflymum Fri 11-Jan-13 19:44:39

Assume you are with Amazon....you can add up to 6 devices to your account, from memory. So name his device, eg HappypigletsSon...then when purchasing books for him......have them sent to this device. Should avoid, asaik, him getting your books - check with Amazon though if in doubt.

butterflymum Fri 11-Jan-13 19:44:58

afaik* not asaik....oops

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 11-Jan-13 20:50:31

I'd also consider the kobo, they start at £49 and he can get library books on loan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now