My Kindle Keyboard is broken; please help me to select a replacement.

(4 Posts)
Campaspe Sat 05-Jan-13 19:03:39

I've had my Kindle Keyboard for years and love it. I've also got a lovely leather cover with inbuilt light. The screen has broken, and I need to replace my kindle quickly. I want to decide whether to go for the cheap option, or to splash out on the paperwhite. Does anyone have both and could elaborate on how much better the Paperwhite version is? I like the idea of an inbuilt light, but I've also heard some worrying reviews about pink patches on the screen.

I can't decide if I should spend £130 on replacing my Kindle Keyboard at Amazon, or spend £109 + money for a cover on a Kindle Paperwhite, or £69 + cover on an ordinary one. I don't require 3G.

2 other questions: I assume I can transfer my current books onto my new Kindle? (They've got me for life haven't they?) Also, could anyone recommend a cheap cover that's good? Why on earth are they all £30???

Thank you.

Bakingtins Sat 05-Jan-13 19:07:51

It's worth contacting Amazon first. My kindle screen broke (I had only had it 6m) and they replaced it within 2 days, I just had to send the broken one back in prepaid box when I got the new one.
You should be able to transfer your library - it's all held on your computer account so you can download it to the new kindle.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 06-Jan-13 20:45:28

You can buy a keyboard kindle for about £22 on eBay, I've been tracking a couple lately.

How about getting one of those and then spending the rest on a kobo glo? That way you can still read all of your kindle books and borrow library books on your kobo. The glo is £99 but kobos start at just £49.

amazonianwoman Wed 09-Jan-13 19:42:22

I have a kindle keyboard that I need to sell, absolutely nothing wrong with it, it's immaculate! I still have the packaging too. I only changed to a Kindle Touch because I have carpal tunnel syndrome and needed something lighter.

PM me if you want any more info smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now