how do you charge your kindle fire?

(6 Posts)
juicychops Tue 01-Jan-13 16:29:17

ive tried on the computer but unless im constantly using the computer, as soon as my computer 'goes to sleep' its stops charging.

Ive also tried charging it with my apple ipod charger as it has a USB connection, and it did work a few times although wasn't fully charging it for some reason, just about 2/3rds

Is it worth just buying a kindle charger?

Ive not managed to actually fully charge my kindle since ive had it and ive stuck it on charge a few times. im worried il end up ruining the battery if im not fully charging it each time.

how do you do it?

LIZS Tue 01-Jan-13 17:35:24

We're using my standard white kindle plug but agree charge doesn't seem to last long.

Startail Tue 01-Jan-13 18:41:11

You need one of the £17.99 charger plugs.

I agree this is silly money and Amazon are profiteering, but they take forever off a computer USB.

pleasestopcarolling Tue 01-Jan-13 18:46:06

I use the same white plug that DH has for his kindle I charge it overnight then use till runs out in the day so far I have been using it far more than I will when I' m back at work so it seems to last fine for me.

dontwanttobefatandforty Tue 01-Jan-13 18:46:59

I plug mine into the xbox over night, charge lasts a day at the min as we keep playing angry birds on it

Prolificmincepiebreeder Mon 14-Jan-13 21:48:00

Am thinking of buying one does it not hold charge well?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now