Chrildrens E-reader

(14 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 03-Jan-13 22:28:06

You've got me hooked hugosmile

scrappydappydoo Thu 03-Jan-13 17:47:22

Hmm - lots to think about - don't think I'll get the argos one but might think about a kobo but I think I'll leave it until maybe next Christmas..

hugoagogo Wed 02-Jan-13 20:18:27

I'm a kobo pusher wink

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 02-Jan-13 17:10:37

Shouldn't have read your post hugo, now I really, really want a Kobo Glo! grin.

hugoagogo Tue 01-Jan-13 21:10:59

It looks nice, but it doesn't say what format of e books it's suitable for.

A mini kobo was only £49 last I looked and they are very sturdy and you can borrow books from the library on them too.

Our library now has children's e-books and of course you can buy through the kobo store or smiths/waterstones etc.

JingleJohnsJulie Tue 01-Jan-13 11:14:47

Have a look at he kobo too, our local library has started loaning out ebooks. You can read them on the kobo but not the kindle. Naive had a kindle for a couple of years and am seriously considering the kobo glo.

2cats2many Sun 30-Dec-12 20:56:28

I would go for the real thing too. It'll be worth the money in the long run.

alexw Sun 30-Dec-12 20:53:20
JingleJohnsJulie Sat 29-Dec-12 18:50:27

Can you borrow ebook s from the library with that one?

scrappydappydoo Sat 29-Dec-12 16:42:48

Well that was one of my questions Dorset - i guess in a similar way that you get them for non-kindle ereaders?
Alexw - which kindle does your dd have?

DorsetKnobwithJingleBellsOn Sat 29-Dec-12 16:30:52

I am being thick here, how do you get books for it?

alexw Sat 29-Dec-12 16:30:05

Bought dd a kindle just over a year ago - she turned 8 yesterday and she has read it every day and gets books v cheaply on it so I would probably go for the real thing. It has been worth its weight in terms of getting her to love reading and for the car/ plane etc... Definitely not too young. Hth

HappyNewSkyebluesapphire Sat 29-Dec-12 16:28:55

That looks really good and says age 3 up.

I would think it a great compromise

scrappydappydoo Sat 29-Dec-12 16:23:51

DD is turning 7 in March - I've just seen this on sale. She has shown a lot of interest in my kindle but they're a lot of money and was wondering if this might be a good substitute?? or is she too young?? Any thoughts appreciated...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now