Twelve Days of Kindle ebook sale now on

(38 Posts)
BRANdishingMistletoe Thu 27-Dec-12 13:12:55

Here, I won't be buying any. Well, ok I've already bought one, when I went to put this link up, but no more! I do not have book problem, I can just look and not buy, I can give them up any time I want to. In fact, I'll tell you what, I won't even go back to Amazon until the 12 day sale is over, that's how easy I find it not to buy books.

Also Life of Pi is now 20p. I won't be buying that because I have a hard copy. Which proves I'm not a bookaholic because a hard-core addict would buy an ebook bargain even if she already has the book.

JingleJohnsJulie Sat 29-Dec-12 18:45:06

Have bought the Life of Pi and one or two others

Grumpla Sat 29-Dec-12 18:51:21

I bloody love the Kate Shugak novels! I've got about 18 already.

I've bought the Elly thingy book too, the Ruth Galloway Investigations. I LOVED the first two. But as the 4th is on offer of course I've HAD to buy the third as well. They are great though, another interesting female lead who doesn't wear high heels and pine after lantern-jawed wankers.

bran Sat 29-Dec-12 19:03:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I've bought far too much, but am rationalising with I've saved more than I've spent. I've always enjoyed Scarlett Thomas, no idea what her new book is about, but I've grabbed it. smile

juicychops Sun 30-Dec-12 13:36:07

ive gone a bit crazy over the last few days with my new kindle fire that i got for xmas. i also got a £20 amazon voucher which im trying to ration as best i can although only have a tiny bit left. god knows how im going to get through the many many MANY books i have downloaded (quite a few free ones too inc les mis).

i also got life of pi which i can't wait to read. Im still only a quarter of the way through the Lord of the Flies paperback ive been reading and itching to read a book on my kindle. i looked into buying lord of the flies on kindle and finish it on there but its £5 so would be a bit mad to buy that

Myliferocks Sun 30-Dec-12 13:41:14

I'm stuck on number 8 of the Kate Shugak books as I stupidly spent an afternoon a while ago going through all the books and seeing what happens. I don't want to read number 9.
Serves me right for being nosey!

BoffinMum Thu 03-Jan-13 09:56:51

My Austerity Housekeeping book is free on Amazon today, if anyone's interested (the one based on the blog). Reviews gratefully appreciated. wink

BoffinMum Thu 03-Jan-13 10:07:23

Life of Pi is better in book form than film form, by the way IMO.

I am trying to download bargains onto my Mac as I don't have a Kindle, but it says the memory is full, even though it's a new machine <irritated>. May need a coffee and a final piece of Xmas cake in order to recover from thie setback.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 03-Jan-13 13:24:24

smile at Boffins shameless plug.

BoffinMum Thu 03-Jan-13 15:27:23

You know me, don't like to keep a bargain to myself and all that!! grin

TaggieCampbellBlack Mon 07-Jan-13 11:51:41

Mary Beard's Pompeii is £1.19 today.

My new kindle just arrived so i'm stocking up with dome new books.

HHGTTG is still £2.29.

fuzzpig Mon 07-Jan-13 13:56:00

I got 13 books for £9.92 grin I deliberately left it until yesterday to start looking as it meant I was more selective.

Nothing particularly worthy - 5 of the 20p ones (not including life of pi as I read that years ago), a Jodi Picoult and an Anita Shreve because I haven't read any of theirs, and a couple of others I've noticed at work (library!) but hadn't got around to picking up. I resisted the tempting non fiction as I am so brain-fogged at the moment that it's pointless.

I haven't actually picked up a book - virtual or real - since before Xmas.

GinOnTwoWheels Tue 08-Jan-13 08:38:23

DP and I spent about 25 quid on 25 books in the kindle sale so I think we're OK for books for now blush.

12 days of kindle sale has finished now so l'm only going look at the daily deal from now on and any good price drops on ereaderiq.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now