E-book sent as pdf file

(6 Posts)
squeeze321 Tue 20-Aug-13 16:36:02

I agree with Jacksmania, that the Calibre Ebook software is the best for converting ebooks from pdf to kindle as well as many other formats and it is very easy to do too.

sahmbles Sat 01-Dec-12 07:05:11

Not tried it myself as I don't have a kindle, but have read up as looking to get one for DH and he reads lots of PDFs. If you email it to your @kindle.com address and put "convert" in the subject line, it should convert it automatically

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200767360

hedwig2001 Sat 01-Dec-12 06:53:28

You can email the book to your kindle. The email address is in your amazon account under "manage my kindle".
You can view pdfs on the kindle, but converting with Calibre will be better.

Jacksmania Sat 01-Dec-12 04:27:20

You can use an eBook management software called Calibre (Internet download) to convert it from PDF to EPUB or .mobi, whichever your Kindle uses.
Just google "calibre eBook management" and you'll find the download link. Do take the tour first, it makes life much easier.

You can then also use Calibre to send the book to your Kindle, I think. Plug your Kindle into your computer, and if it shows up in Calibre's menu bar as one if your devices, then you're good to go. Highlight the book you want, click "send to device" and presto.

Do take the Calibre tour though!

DawnOfTheDee Tue 13-Nov-12 20:59:46

bump

DawnOfTheDee Mon 12-Nov-12 20:25:55

Hi,

A friend has sent me an e-book in the form of a pdf file & want to know if I'm able to view it on my kindle.

Do any clever techy-type people know how I can transfer the file from my laptop to my kindle?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now