Kindle Lending Library

(5 Posts)
elkiedee Mon 29-Oct-12 09:50:10

Prime membership is £49 a year - there is a family scheme which offers discounts on nappies and other baby stuff within it, but it seems to work for certain brands of nappies and the baby stuff is baby stuff, my youngest is nearly 4. The main offering is free next day delivery and discounts on evening delivery, but I prefer to get my stuff delivered in ordinary first class Royal Mail which is free anyway without Prime, as it's much easier if I'm not here when they come to send dp to the post office than it is to get hold of courier companies and arrange redelivery. I should be in a lot more just now but actually at peak time for post and couriers to turn up I'm usually doing a nursery pickup.

elkiedee Mon 29-Oct-12 09:45:48

Not at all, a lot of the books on offer through it are published by Amazon's own publishing operation and are often available to buy quite cheaply if you want to. One book to borrow a month is hardly a great deal. I have a few months left on a Prime subscription which I intend not to renew and this isn't going to change my mind, though I've seen one book I'll probably borrow first.

lucyellenmum Sat 27-Oct-12 10:25:56

what is this prime membership? does that mean that only the select few will be able to get the decent books? I saw prime and a tick next to a book this morning, i didnt try and buy it and didn't really give it any thought, but now..............

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 27-Oct-12 10:21:47

How much is prime membership little?

littletingoddess Thu 25-Oct-12 21:55:20

I'm looking forward to a free book each month! Amazon have started a Kindle lending library for people who have a Prime membership. :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now