children and e-books

(2 Posts)
Centime12 Thu 25-Oct-12 14:48:07

Hi Mumsnet smile

I've been reading some of the threads on e-books for children and I was wondering how many parents would actually buy/ download e-books for their children to read? I noticed on a previous thread that some concerns had been raised about whether it was good for children's eyesight to be looking at a book on screen.

I am interested in this as I am currently studying for a publishing qualification in Scotland and was hoping to propose an e-book of traditional Scottish fairy tales, probably aimed at children 7-9.

Is this something that parents would be happy for their children to download, or that they would be interested in? Any thoughts or feedback much appreciated! smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 27-Oct-12 09:37:04

I don't let my children have my kindle, I only use it because my eyesight is poor and I can increase the font size. As for my DC, they both have a library card and get most of their books from there. DS, 8, does have a couple of friends with kindles though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now