Getting my very first Kindle - but confusion abounds

(6 Posts)
MissFoodie Thu 25-Oct-12 16:57:45

just got my first kindle today
v excited........

mixedmamameansbusiness Tue 23-Oct-12 13:07:15

Thats interesting Shallishanti, thank you.

Shallishanti Mon 22-Oct-12 22:08:32

yes, you will be able to do just that.
However, I have found that if the pdfs have been scanned by the university library (rather than being originally created as pdfs if you know what I mean) they can be small to read- you can kind of magnify them but it's akward sometimes. Although I have the most basic kindle, later ones may be better.

mixedmamameansbusiness Mon 22-Oct-12 22:04:20

Thanks I will do. I just wanted to check I could before buying. Excited now.

Dontwanttobeyourmonkeywrench Mon 22-Oct-12 18:59:39

You should be able to do that quite easily. Why not have a look at Kindle help and it will explain how to do what you're wanting in a simple step by step.

mixedmamameansbusiness Mon 22-Oct-12 13:11:31

I am finally getting a Kindle!

Terribly excited, but confused over what I need. Could someone in the know tell me what to buy, I expect the Paperwhite but below are the things I want to do:-

1. Log into a university virtual learning env and journal website and download PDF readings.

2. To save the readings on my device with a recognisable name (DH iPad just downloads with whatever they have been scanned as.

3. Read them.

I will do books as well but the above is what is compeeling me to finally get a Kindle.

Can I do these things, easily.

Thanks so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now