Getting my very first Kindle - but confusion abounds

(6 Posts)
mixedmamameansbusiness Mon 22-Oct-12 13:11:31

I am finally getting a Kindle!

Terribly excited, but confused over what I need. Could someone in the know tell me what to buy, I expect the Paperwhite but below are the things I want to do:-

1. Log into a university virtual learning env and journal website and download PDF readings.

2. To save the readings on my device with a recognisable name (DH iPad just downloads with whatever they have been scanned as.

3. Read them.

I will do books as well but the above is what is compeeling me to finally get a Kindle.

Can I do these things, easily.

Thanks so much.

Dontwanttobeyourmonkeywrench Mon 22-Oct-12 18:59:39

You should be able to do that quite easily. Why not have a look at Kindle help and it will explain how to do what you're wanting in a simple step by step.

mixedmamameansbusiness Mon 22-Oct-12 22:04:20

Thanks I will do. I just wanted to check I could before buying. Excited now.

Shallishanti Mon 22-Oct-12 22:08:32

yes, you will be able to do just that.
However, I have found that if the pdfs have been scanned by the university library (rather than being originally created as pdfs if you know what I mean) they can be small to read- you can kind of magnify them but it's akward sometimes. Although I have the most basic kindle, later ones may be better.

mixedmamameansbusiness Tue 23-Oct-12 13:07:15

Thats interesting Shallishanti, thank you.

MissFoodie Thu 25-Oct-12 16:57:45

just got my first kindle today
v excited........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now