Help with charging Kindle please...

(8 Posts)
TheFlumpsHaveEyes Thu 18-Oct-12 11:16:40

I've always charged via the PC as haven't wanted to buy a wall charger. But after hearing that the wall charger is much quicker and that any usb wall charger works, I tried using one I already had (for my Samsung camera).

However the Kindle doesn't seem to recognise it when I plug the cable into the usb slot on the charger. The charger works fine with my camera, so is it just that you have to have the specific Amazon Kindle charger for the Kindle?

Anyone else had this problem?

The Kindle works fine apart from this, and charges (albeit slowly) through my PC - so I'm assuming the Kindle is working fine...

schilke Thu 18-Oct-12 13:42:32

I use the charger for my mobile as it fits the kindle touch. I get a charging light - nothing appears on the screen.

TheFlumpsHaveEyes Thu 18-Oct-12 14:21:39

What colour is a charging light?

<dim>

Is it the orange one?

schilke Thu 18-Oct-12 14:40:54

Yes.....well I assumed it was a charging light!

PestoSandalissimos Thu 18-Oct-12 14:52:55

My charging light is orange whilst charging and green when charged!

QuenelleIsOrangeAndGoldForNow Thu 18-Oct-12 14:56:41

Any mini usb connection should work. I use my BlackBerry charger. Yes, the light goes orange while charging.

elkiedee Mon 29-Oct-12 09:52:59

Our Blackberry chargers now work much better than the Kindle ones. I was about to find out how much they'd charge me for a replacement Kindle as I couldn't charge mine at all when dp plugged it in to the phone charger - I was actually on the phone to them at the time and had to say, it's ok, we've just found a solution and it works.

VirginiaDare Mon 29-Oct-12 09:56:37

Yes, all mini usbs are interchangeable. I use my kindle charger for my samsung phone and my kodak camera.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now