Kindle PaperWhite

(20 Posts)
bran Sun 14-Oct-12 21:45:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OVoodooZombiesEatYourBrains Sun 14-Oct-12 21:41:20

It says it has an 8 week battery life even with the light on. That's more than the others.

bran Sun 14-Oct-12 21:32:18

zombieplanmum Sun 14-Oct-12 21:28:02

whats a paperwhite love my kindle touch, waited years before DP coudl afford to buy me one for my birthday and now the fuckers bring out new models!

bran Sun 14-Oct-12 21:25:27

TheFoosa Sun 14-Oct-12 10:56:18

yes, must admit the capacity of the PW is putting me off, only 2GB

jcscot Sat 13-Oct-12 10:55:45

I've just ordered a Touch after my Kindle keyboard gave up the ghost - now I know why Amazon gave me a whacking great discount!

I was going to phone and change my order until I saw the capacity on the Paperwhite - 1,100 books. I had approx 1,000 on my old Keyboard which had a capacity of around 3,000 and only the Touch had a similar capacity. I'm going to stick with the Touch.

Corriewatcher Sat 13-Oct-12 10:51:30

Thanks all. Emailed Amazon last night and got a response this morning saying they'd accept the Touch return even though had been out of the box. Just have to pay the return postage. Have now pre-ordered the Paperwhite which is due for delivery week of 12 Nov too like Poobum5's. Can't wait. Think it will be a very popular Christmas present this year.

poobum5 Sat 13-Oct-12 10:51:17

It says lending library will be available later this month...great idea! seems to be limited to one book a month though...but better than nothing!

schilke Sat 13-Oct-12 08:20:04

Oh Corriewatcher - I would try sending it back. I'm grumpy about mine, but I've had the touch 6 months, not 1 day!

Is the lending library available to all kindle owners when it arrives?....as long as you have prime, which I do!

CoteDAzur Sat 13-Oct-12 07:46:51

Canada seems a bit far. Why don't you order it from Amazon.fr? (French site)

poobum5 Sat 13-Oct-12 07:33:17

very excited! Have just ordered one - due for delivery week of Nov 12th.It's my Christmas pressie though, but they seem to be going fast so I got my order in LOL
Now the question is will I be able to hand it over to DH to wrap for Christmas when it arrives or will the urge to play with it straight away overwhelm me!
It will be my first Kindle - I have been using the kindle app on my phone till now.
Have been waiting for one with built in light though as I read a lot in bed in the dark...
Seems to have had great reviews and I think it's going to be v popular.grin

TheFoosa Fri 12-Oct-12 21:34:45

I think that you have 30 days to return without obligation

somethingscary Fri 12-Oct-12 20:06:00

Talk to amazon they are usually very reasonable (even if knelt on/dropped in bath etc and out if warranty)

Corriewatcher Fri 12-Oct-12 20:00:34

I've just seen it's out today too. Mega pee'd off as just got a Kindle Touch. Haven't properly used it yet as it is for my birthday tomorrow, but I opened the box to check it was OK and charge it up etc. Could have got the Paperwhite for exactly the same money but think I'm no longer able to return the Touch under Amazon's returns policy . Taken the edge off the present.

schilke Fri 12-Oct-12 09:42:55

I really want one, but I've only had my kindle touch since February. Humph!

OVoodooZombiesEatYourBrains Thu 11-Oct-12 18:37:56

Paperwhite is out in uk today. Just saw it on amazon.

TheRealAmyFarrahFowler Sun 07-Oct-12 22:36:02

Through shopereaders.com

schilke Sun 07-Oct-12 18:39:28

How did you order one from Canada for delivery in uk? It just sent me to uk amazon site!

TheRealAmyFarrahFowler Sun 07-Oct-12 16:23:00

I kneeled on my Kindle yesterday and broke it. Too old for warraqnty cover, nothing for it but to buy new one.
While checking out all the options and deciding which to get (mine was a keyboard 3G) I came across the Kindle PaperWhite. It's not available in the uk but it is compatible. I've just ordered one from Canada!
Anyone else heard about it/got one/getting one?
www.amazon.com/Kindle-Paperwhite-Touch-light/dp/B007OZNZG0

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now