Kindle Broken Screen

(4 Posts)
bluedonkey Wed 07-Nov-12 19:40:56

I tried to call Amazon but as my Kindle was out of warranty they only offered me a discount on a new Kindle 4. My friend has one of these and it is not a patch on the Kindle Keyboard (The grey one with the keyboard at the bottom). The quality and feel of it is just not the same. pressing the page turn buttons seemed twice the effort so I really didn't want one of these. I was tempted to buy one of the new Paperwhite ones with the back light but saw quite a few issues with these on the Amazon Kindle forum.
I also found a company that did screen repairs on the forum, they were recommended by quite a lot of people, . I contact them and sent my Kindle off on the Wednesday and had it back by lunchtime Friday, absolutely brilliant. I love my Kindle Keyboard and I was dreading losing it. Now it's back and looks just like a new one. The company was called REO Technology and they can be found at www.reotech.co.uk - I hope this helps anyone else that is in the same situation. By the way, they also do iPhone repairs so mad a note of that for the next time I drop my iPhone! Oh dear, I'm hopeless.

MikeLitoris Sun 30-Sep-12 13:21:41

Mine did this on Thursday. Only half of the 'off' picture disappears when its turned

I spoke to amazon at 2.30pm on Friday and had a new kindle delivered at 8am on Saturday. Brilliant service.

Mine was only 6mo though.

rainbowinthesky Sun 30-Sep-12 13:14:35

Hi. Just go on the amazon website and there is a place for you to give a call back number on. They will call back straight away and you should get a new one if bought within the last year.

bluedonkey Sun 30-Sep-12 13:11:26

Hi, anyone know where I can get my Kindle screen repaired? I leant on it and now its got what looks like a crack but it's not actually got a crack. V strange!
Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now