Help! What am I reading?

(7 Posts)
mais Sat 29-Sep-12 19:31:46

I hope someone here can help. I took my Kindle out of my bag this evening to see the Apple tree screen and it looked like it was loading. No worries there it all appears to be working fine BUT the book I was reading has disappeared. I don't know the name of it, the author and I didn't get it on the Amazon store so can't re download it.
So I am hoping someone will recognise some of the details of the story as I am nearly finished reading it (70%) and was really looking forward to curling up in bed by myself with it tonight.

Ok so the story starts in Boston with a girl (don't remember her name, really bad at this!) who worked in admissions in one of the colleges while researching her PhD on feminism I think, and she is dumped by her dp on Valentine's Day and then loses her job to be replaced by a computer. She visits her mother in New York who is researching the family tree, finds they are related to French royalty and Sioux Indians. Her mother enlists her help in the research and the girl subsequently travels to France and meets a nice French man.
Interspersed with this story, is the story of her Indian ancestor, who was the daughter of a Chief and how she ended up in France.

I really hope someone recognises the book. I will give lots of wine brew and biscuit if you can help.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 30-Sep-12 17:14:37

Not a clue, sorry.

Mama1980 Sun 30-Sep-12 17:16:36

Sounds good but sorry no clue

tiredtoday Tue 02-Oct-12 01:30:09

Took some googling.. but this sounds like it

Legacy
Danielle Steele

Brigitte Nicholson is replaced by a computer system at Boston University and with no job in sight, she has agreed to help her mother with research on a genealogy project for her family and investigate the Marquise de Margerac. Her research at the Salt Lake City Mormon Family History Library uncovers the surprise events of a beautiful Sioux Indian girl, Wachiwi, wife to Marquis Tristan de Margerac. Total fascination with this spirited and courageous relative, who Brigitte seems to favour, takes her to France where she uncovers the mystery and puzzle of Wachiwi’s existence. Brigitte’s fascination becomes her obsession as she encounters some help along the way that could change her safe, secure existence to an exciting adventure.

mais Wed 03-Oct-12 22:54:53

Thank you so much tiredtoday, you got it right it was Legacy and I really enjoyed finishing it. It was still on my Kindle in the end, just didn't know which book it was as it was on my front page anymore.

Thanks again

tiredtoday Thu 11-Oct-12 23:43:40

Your welcome - I love a challenge

elkiedee Mon 29-Oct-12 09:55:55

Glad someone could help. You can also sort your books various ways including "Most Recent" and current reads should be at or near the top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now