Recommendations for cheap/free kindle read

(23 Posts)
Peekabooooo Thu 20-Sep-12 18:22:49

Can I have everyone's reccomendations for a good, cheap/free kindle read please?
I have been scrolling through the store lists for ages but nothing is jumping out at me.
TYIA

countydurhamlass Thu 20-Sep-12 19:38:17

remember me by lesley pierce (think its about £2)- really enjoyed this
a bride for tom (is ok)
Ryans Return wasn ok (free)
reading suddenly a bride at the moment and its a bit rubbish so avoid
(they are all sort of romantic stories)

Peekabooooo Thu 20-Sep-12 20:16:09

Thank you. I'll have a look for them.

Peekabooooo Sat 22-Sep-12 10:57:02

'A bride for Tom' was good. Read in a day. Just downloaded the sequel 'a husband for margaret'. smile

OwedToAutumn Sat 22-Sep-12 10:58:56

Most classics can be got for free. (Austen, Dickens, Tolstoy, Elliot etc.)

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 22-Sep-12 17:20:00

The new Miranda Hart book is free and funny. Its a compliation of funny incidents that have been sent to her and kept me amused while I was waiting for DD last night smile.

Peekabooooo Wed 26-Sep-12 16:18:46

Downloaded the Miranda Hart one and your right about it been amusing. Kept getting funny looks as to why I was giggling out loud. Thank you for the recommendation.

HeathRobinson Wed 26-Sep-12 16:38:33

What sort of books do you like?

Peekabooooo Wed 26-Sep-12 16:59:46

Pretty much anything but mainly romantic or crime fiction

TheLightPassenger Wed 26-Sep-12 18:01:00

For under £1 - Crime
The Lewis Man by Peter May
Anger Mode by Stefan Tegenfalk
The Expats by Chris Pavone
various of the Rhona McLeod series by Lin Anderson
White Heat by Melanine McGrath
The End of Everything by Megan Abbot
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larssen
The Picasso Scam by Stuart Pawson
Dead Man's Grip by Peter James

jillyfan Wed 26-Sep-12 22:54:28

Hi, a friend of mine from work recommended a book called Prospero's Island, It's like an early Jilly Cooper, you know the ones that are girl's names? Really cheap and hysterically funny, I loved it. Have gone off those bonkbuster ones a bit, but have always loved her early ones.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 27-Sep-12 13:53:53

Was reading a bit more of the Miranda one last night, the bit about the pogo stick, the park and dog poo literally had me laughing out loud grin.

bran Thu 27-Sep-12 13:55:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 27-Sep-12 14:26:32

Song of Achilles is one of my favourite books this year so far, and it's only 99p atm.

jillyfan Fri 28-Sep-12 08:33:22

Have just read the Miranda Hart book. Hilarious! Thanks for the recommendation. Nothing worse than laughing uncontrollably on the Tube and having people edge nervously away from you ...

StellaAndFries Fri 28-Sep-12 08:37:06
MidnightHag Fri 28-Sep-12 08:43:58

What is the Miranda Hart book called and where can I download it for free, please?

Verity99 Fri 28-Sep-12 09:32:31

I started reading Prospero's Island, recommended on here. OMG buy Thornton's chocolates and get reading. My little boy still in his pjs because I can't put it down!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 28-Sep-12 11:25:08

Midnight the Miranda book is here. Just a daft bit of light entertainment but such fun!

Verity will wonder off to amazon right now smile

MidnightHag Fri 28-Sep-12 12:44:34

Brilliant: thanks!
thanks

Peekabooooo Sat 29-Sep-12 20:01:04

Aw thanks everyone. I really appreciate your help. Hopefully I have enough downloaded now to keep me going through the cold autumn & winter evenings. grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 29-Sep-12 20:04:36

That's good news peek. Have started Prosperos Island and so far so good.

EdgarAllanPond Sat 29-Sep-12 20:10:25

i have all terry prachett on mine. not sure ho w much it was, but it's great to read through them again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now