Amazon customer service great- just been offered brand new kindle!

(8 Posts)

Dp bought me a kindle for Christmas last year and in the last few weeks it's developed a bit of a fault on one of the buttons- it just doesn't seem to press in as easily as the other one, and is a bit annoying when I want to hold the kindle in my left hand as I have to press harder.
I emailed them today on a bit of a whim- it's still usable but I thought I may as well see if they will do something about it as it's still just about within warranty- if not no skin off my nose I thought!

New Kindle is winging its way to me as we speak, first class!

I'm really impressed, I guess they want to keep me sweet as I spend so much money on Kindle books dont tell dp grin

Shakey1500 Thu 20-Sep-12 20:27:21

Wow, that's impressive service indeed. Lovely when that happens grin

tiggy114 Mon 24-Sep-12 07:37:44

I agree! My OH stood on my kindle and cracked it! Because it was the old keyboard type, we emailed to see if they had any left we could buy cheap, as it's old stock. Said if we sent the broken one back they'd send a new one! Great service.

The customer service is great, it's just a pity when you have to use it too often - I'm currently waiting for my third Kindle (second replacement!)

BellaVita Mon 24-Sep-12 07:51:39

They did this for me too.

You do have to send the old one back to them though via UPS which means going to their depot (with ID) to send it back.

forevergreek Mon 24-Sep-12 08:57:42

Yes I have had a new one sent also

IloveJudgeJudy Wed 26-Sep-12 12:07:56

I had to send my old Kindle back as Amazon replaced mine, too. In our neck of the woods it's Yodel who pick up the package. You get sent the new one, put the old one in the new packaging, print out the delivery note from your computer, tell Yodel - via their site where you print off the delivery note - when you want the parcel picked up and voila, no trouble at all.

Or... Use Collectplus which is even easier as it seems every local newsagent has a point (3 within 10 minutes walk for me, plus one by DDs school) although that could be because I'm in London. Drop it in at your own leisure, get a receipt. No waiting in.

Still waiting for my Kindle though <impatient>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now