Kindle book recommendations for boy aged 8

(8 Posts)
funchick Wed 19-Sep-12 18:50:11

Belinda

You might also want to look at Sean Yeager and the DNA Thief for your Kindle.
We found it on Amazon for £3.99. (Not sure if it's been a daily deal yet)
It's a science fiction adventure with jokes and I've enjoyed reading bits of it as well. Might be a bit of a stretch for an 8 year old, there is a preview to check.

We also like the first Percy Jackson book which my son has just started, though I gather they are a bit samey.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 19-Sep-12 09:42:01

Kindle Daily Deal and The Pirates! but it was only £1.29 yesterday.

BelindaHogg Wed 19-Sep-12 09:37:14

Thanks all,

We'll probably try Tom's Midnight Garden I remember it being a good book when I was younger.
I'm not so sure about anything scarey in case he gets nightmares. He's busy enough with school so we need to be careful.
I'll check out the other suggestions as well.
Daily deals - where? need to find them.

Tiago Tue 18-Sep-12 12:35:52

The Skulduggery Pleasant books.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 18-Sep-12 12:31:34

What did you decide on in the end Belinda? Have you seen today's Daily Deal? Its Pirates, an adventure with scientists. Just bought it for my 8yo DS smile.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 16-Sep-12 19:52:10

Was going to suggest anything by Lucy Hawking as he likes space, but just looked and they're not in kindle format. Mind you they have some beautiful photographs of space in them so it might be worth getting one from the library.

How about The Incredible Luck of Alfie Pluck? I read it to DS last year when he was just 7 and we both really enjoyed it. It's not space related but a great story. However, you might want to have a look at the sampel before you buy as my DS (8) is a good reader but not sure if he would manage all of this one.

AlanMoore Fri 14-Sep-12 15:17:08

How about trying something classic like Toms Midnight Garden or Stig of the Dump?

BelindaHogg Fri 14-Sep-12 10:05:32

I'm looking for quality e-books to stretch my son's reading.
Percy Jackson is one we're going to buy. Already have some Potters in print.
He likes space and sci-fi - does anyone have recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now