The Nook Glowlight is out here in Oct - I might have to jump ship from Kindle!

(8 Posts)
Craftymoo Mon 17-Sep-12 21:41:38

I would love to buy DS the colour version, but that isn't being brought over here. Would a US one work?

vnmum Mon 10-Sep-12 11:15:16

I do but if it is DRM protected in epub format you can't convert with calibre plus the glowlight looks fab and amazon aren't releasing the paperwhite in uk

ZacharyQuack Mon 10-Sep-12 00:37:00

Having the book format in epub should not stop you from reading it on a kindle. Use Calibre to convert the format.

vnmum Sun 09-Sep-12 19:07:05

I really like the idea that the screen glows in low light but is still easy on the eyes like paper and can still be read in sunlight.

Very tempting!

vnmum Sun 09-Sep-12 18:58:32

It is being released here in october in John Lewis and you can then buy book from the uk B&N website which will be launched at the same time. With it being epub it also means you should be able to buy ebooks from WHsmiths and waterstones too.
It is tempting though isn't it?

Hmm. Does that mean I can buy US Nook publications?

Wanted a kindle but have been put off by recent threads on here.

vnmum Sun 09-Sep-12 18:39:15

Here. It is like the Kindle Paperwhite which amazon aren't releasing here. To me it looks great and being epub means that I could borrow ebooks from the library. I seriously think amazon have missed the boat by not releasing the paperwhite here when their rivals are releasing their award winning lighted e-reader.
There are also books available in epub that are not available on kindle.

I am very tempted to get to a John Lewis in October to get one (my kindle is an old keyboard and might give up the ghost soon if the recent kindle threads are anything to go by)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now