new kindle owner.

(13 Posts)
shineypenny Thu 09-Aug-12 10:50:10

Airplane mode on = wifi off

WendevilleAndManlock Tue 07-Aug-12 20:08:28

I have the cover with built-in light. Perfect for late night action under the covers.

ringos Tue 07-Aug-12 20:07:32

thansk.......................

smile

SheilaWheeler Tue 07-Aug-12 20:04:43

On my Kindle (like I said, older style) to turn off the wifi press Menu then scroll up to 'turn wireless off', click the square select button and it's off. Do the same to turn it back on. I only use the Kindle for about half an hour each day.

Hope that's helpful.

Don't forget you can go on the Amazon Kindle forum if you have any problems - go the the Amazon Kindle homepage and on toolbar, to the right of the screen, is a topic 'discussions'. They are VERY helpful on there, they helped me when I was a Kindle newbie and couldn't find stuff I had downloaded. They also have daily freebies to download.

Good luck - and beware, it is addictive. My Kindle now has over 600 titles, all freebies!

ringos Tue 07-Aug-12 19:24:25

confused...........

areoplane mode.... on = wifi on

areoplane mode ...off = wifi off.

is that right?

ringos Tue 07-Aug-12 19:15:23

oooooo did'nt know that.

I have only downloaded three books so far I am pacing myself, but loved being huddled under the bed covers last night having a good old read.......

Do you have a light?

shineypenny Tue 07-Aug-12 19:08:54

Yes, you've got it grin However, you can still purchase books from Amazon via your pc or laptop if the wifi on the Kindle is switched off; it will hold them for you and download them the next time you switch it on, so that means you don't even have to have your Kindle with you to buy books wink

ringos Tue 07-Aug-12 19:02:45

Thick person here.................. and when I want to download some more books I turn it back on???

shineypenny Tue 07-Aug-12 18:57:24

Switch it off on the Kindle. Go to settings, it will either say turn wifi on/off or turn airplane mode on/off. If the latter, set airplane mode to on.

Welcome to the world of Kindle and many lost days hours grin

ringos Tue 07-Aug-12 18:45:02

Turning the wifi off.............. do you mean the base unit that gives wifi to the whole house or on the kindle?

ringos Tue 07-Aug-12 18:38:52

Thanks...........

How much do you read a day?

I read about 1.5 hours - 2 hours.

SheilaWheeler Tue 07-Aug-12 18:15:45

The battery lasts for ages - mine lasts for up to a month, longer if you turn the wifi off. My Kindle is the older style with a keypad at the bottom and I only get a battery low warning at the very last minute - it flashes up something like 20% remaining, then its gone almost instantly.

ringos Tue 07-Aug-12 18:01:32

Does the kindle inform you when the battery needs charging or do I have to keep an eye on the battery meter?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now