Can relocation package be used to pay rent?

(6 Posts)
CartwheelGirl Sat 26-Nov-16 08:56:48

If I don't want to uproot my family, can I use the relocation package to help me (1 person as opposed to the whole family) with the rent at the new place? The potential offer is in government sector. Thanks.

flowery Sat 26-Nov-16 12:15:34

Are the terms and conditions of the package not specified? If not, you'll need to ask them what you are/are not allowed to spend it on.

CartwheelGirl Sat 26-Nov-16 17:44:48

It's only interview stage so don't have any details beyond the fact that relocation package is available (and it states how much which could cover a year of renting modest accommodation).

HerRoyalNotness Sat 26-Nov-16 18:21:00

Sometimes it can, but depends if they're offering the option of relocation or a single status assignment really. You'd have to ask

OldRosesDoomed Sat 26-Nov-16 18:24:17

Depends on the relocation policy. Is it on their website?

Ours is very specific but if we really want someone the rules are very flexible. Have a look on line, perhaps negotiate if you get an offer. Good luck!

CartwheelGirl Sun 27-Nov-16 20:49:30

Thanks. Didn't find anything on the website. Will see how the interview goes first. Will ask, if successful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now