NHS start time wait?

(6 Posts)
PaperStars Fri 30-Sep-16 10:09:50

Hi I had an interview on the 14th sept and was phones on the 15th and verbally offered a job subject to employment checks etc. So two weeks ago yesterday and since heard nothing. I've asked one of my referees if they had heard from them and they said no they hadn't. Also at the interview they photocopied 3 of my id documents so I wonder if this is what they will use for the DBS and that they will fill out/send the form off without me or whether it's required i fill it out? I've had a crb before but can't remember ever filling a form out just showing work my documents?

I was wondering if it was worth me calling them to see where they are with the process I know the interviewer said 6-8 weeks but I haven't had any written confirmation of my conditional offer and NHS jobs still says decision pending. Any experiences of NHS job process much appreciated

CrazyDuchess Fri 30-Sep-16 21:01:11

NHS HR is notoriously slow - it's ridiculous.

I would put in a gentle chase with the hiring manager and maybe they can get things moving....

JenniferYellowHat1980 Sat 01-Oct-16 21:23:21

I started my job five months after I applied and four months after the interview. Received my conditional offer subject to checks after about a month shock

Brontebiscuits Sat 01-Oct-16 21:25:05

About 3.5 months for mine!

PaperStars Sun 02-Oct-16 20:42:29

I've read a lot about them being slow sad I really really want to be out of my old job but can't afford to until I start this new job! I hate waiting at this rate I'll be lucky to start by xmas/new year

MrsMulder Sun 02-Oct-16 20:44:52

Maybe chase it up op, I had a delay because my references weren't back and it turned out they got the email address slightly wrong. In my opinion you have to keep on at them for things to move quickly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now