Time off sick - question

(3 Posts)
jessmarkat Wed 14-Sep-16 14:00:53

Hi I have just returned to work after having 3 weeks off sick leave. I self certified for the first 7 days and then had a doctors note for the remaining time. I am not coping well back at work and am in a lot of pain. If I was to go sick again only after being back 3 days would I need another sick note straight away or could I again self certify for the first 7 days?

daisychain01 Fri 16-Sep-16 04:28:38

I would check with your HR department. Even if you can SC, I'd suggest you don't just ring in sick again, I'd speak to them honestly about your health situation as it is likely to involve meetings, assessment etc due to having already taken off 3 weeks and now wanting to take more time off.

Get them to guide you on the situation in terms of the company policy, just so that you keep good relations with management. Otherwise they could find a reason to make life difficult for you.

Have you worked there for long, and do you have a good attendance record generally?

jessmarkat Fri 16-Sep-16 21:32:07

Thank you Daisy, my situation is a little different in that I have already handed in my notice as my boss is an emotional bully, I now have 4 days left to work and she's being such a horrid cow I just can't face it anymore

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now