Informal working from home arrangement

(5 Posts)
BeJayKayven Mon 15-Aug-16 13:48:52

I wonder if anyone can advise please? I had an operation on my shoulder nearly 3 years ago which was partially successful. I still get recurrent flare ups of pain. My lovely line manager allows me to work from home 2 days per week as this helps a lot. The head of service was happy as long as it worked for all parties - my work timescales and targets have been met and I havent had any shoulder related sickness absences so all good.
We have a new head of service and he has mentioned this a couple of times as if it bothers him. Do I have a leg to stand on if he wants to stop the arrangement?

flowery Mon 15-Aug-16 15:26:16

How long have you been doing this? The whole 3 years since your operation?

BeJayKayven Mon 15-Aug-16 15:31:40

Yes, 3 years. We always make sure that my work is done, I can access my emails from home too and I don't miss meetings or external events.

flowery Mon 15-Aug-16 16:02:38

If you've been doing it consistently for three years I would say that working arrangement has now become part of your terms and conditions, established through custom and practice.

It's not impossible for an employer to change terms and conditions but it's not easy, and it's certainly not a case of just telling you that you can't work from home any longer.

BeJayKayven Mon 15-Aug-16 17:52:58

Thank you very much flowery, if it comes up I will be able to make an argument.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now