Working from home options?

(7 Posts)
MummyAlltam Mon 15-Aug-16 10:46:44

Iv just a baby boy and my dd is starting nursery at a local school n September. My husband works shifts between 7.30am-9pm so cannot do pick up and drop offs as his schedule is ever changing and cannot have it regulated due to the nature of the position. I am on maternity leave from supermarket checkout where i worked part time and due to return in april. Id like to work from home but i don't know anything about who offers these role and what they would entail. Does anyone here work from home? or have experence doing this? Any advice on how to get a position?

WigelsPigels Mon 15-Aug-16 10:49:02

One of my friends works from home for tesco's call centre. Worth a try.

Hoppinggreen Mon 15-Aug-16 11:02:36

Enterprise rent a car have customer reservation jobs from home I think

Tiggeryoubastard Mon 15-Aug-16 12:31:44

You do realise if you're working you'd still need childcare, you can't look after a baby and work. And you couldn't work while on maternity leave, I'm pretty sure.

OllyBJolly Mon 15-Aug-16 13:35:40

I worked from home doing sales. I still engaged a childminder. No way could I have done any kind of work with the children at home. The big advantage was I didn't have a commute and it was a million times easier to take them to dentist/doctors etc.

mouldycheesefan Mon 15-Aug-16 13:38:41

I work from home. But I do not look after kids at the same time, they still go to holiday club, after school club etc.
Childminding is the only hing I can think of where you can also look after the baby.

StereophonicallyChallenged Mon 15-Aug-16 13:39:56

Bookkeeping if you could train first (evening courses usually available) even better than other work from home IMO as you can work hours to suit rather than being tied to the phone during set shift hours like outsourced call centres etc smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now