Should I contact them? (Waiting for a call)

(7 Posts)
Mnetname500 Wed 03-Aug-16 12:29:01

Ok I know I'm incredibly impatient mainly as I'm so unhappy in my current job and that I want out Asap!

I rang up a company about a job advertised in the paper yesterday. They said the manager wasn't in yesterday but would be in today. They took my name/number and said they would get her to call me back. I know it's only 12:30 but I just want an application form or something to get the ball rolling. I am working all day tomorrow so unable to contact them then. Will it seem over keen if I ring back this afternoon to enquire again or shall I impatiently wait until Friday?

Floggingmolly Wed 03-Aug-16 12:30:46

Why would you wait for an application form? Ring!

Mnetname500 Wed 03-Aug-16 14:06:27

Okay she rang me and we spoke briefly about hours and she invited me up Monday for a 'chat' about what the job entails and whether I'd be interested. Does that = job interview or is that a pre interview chat?!

tribpot Wed 03-Aug-16 14:08:40

It's probably a pre-interview chat but treat it as if it were an interview.

esiotrot2015 Wed 03-Aug-16 14:11:05

It sounds very promising to me !
I'd go in interview clothes , research company & prep all weekend if I were you

Floggingmolly Wed 03-Aug-16 14:11:45

Exactly. All contact regarding any potential employment should be treated as an interview, no matter how "informal" they claim it will be.
Good luck!

Mnetname500 Wed 03-Aug-16 15:23:26

Thank you guys I'm so excited. I hope it all works out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now