Redeployment

(7 Posts)
Pinkangel23 Tue 19-Jul-16 02:54:20

I work in a low paid part time store within a large franchise company (had other threads about them). Tomorrow we will be told we are closing. Not unexpected, rumour has it that a rival has bought out our contract. Afaik we will be redeployed but I'm really scared to where I'll be going to. I would work at 3 stores within my city centre that are similar to my store. I'm terrified I'll get sent to one of the others (have to work in awful drive-thrus if that makes sense). Have no idea of my rights re redeployment, I'm not a favourite and worried I'm going to be treated terribly.

For back story Im just back from mat leave. Obviously I wish I didn't work in this company but this has been the only job was flexible to fit around study and kids. Does anyone have any HR knowledge on redeployment? Thanks.

Pinkangel23 Tue 19-Jul-16 10:59:28

Anyone?

OliviaStabler Tue 19-Jul-16 11:08:12

Once factor of redeployment is location but that is more about whether you can access that site from memory. Would you need skills you do not have at present for the locations you don't want to work at or is the job similar / the same?

Pinkangel23 Tue 19-Jul-16 11:56:18

I previously worked at one of the stores I don't want to be redeployed to for almost a year. It was awful, I just wasn't fast or loud mouthed enough for their liking. My current store suited me better - quieter, too quiet I guess. Location wise I can travel easily to 4 other stores: 3 i would work at, the other (drive-thru) has a terrible reputation. I don't anything until later so just panicking. I guess I could refuse/appeal but I'm only objecting on the grounds that I really don't want to go there.

I've applied for a few other jobs as it's probably time to move on.

flowery Tue 19-Jul-16 12:48:41

If they are all local then you don't have any rights in terms of which one you go to. Nothing stopping you expressing a preference but that's all it would be.

Pinkangel23 Tue 19-Jul-16 15:26:16

Wow they did not mess about. Got to work expecting to close within a month, instead the whole shop was practically gone. Got my city centre location though, thank god! Spent a lot of time moaning about the place but pretty sad that it's gone.

OliviaStabler Wed 20-Jul-16 07:11:39

Glad you got the location you wanted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now