Cycle to work scheme laid off before receiving voucher

(4 Posts)
Kittyp75 Mon 11-Jul-16 19:33:21

Looking for advice please. My OH has been laid off from work but he signed up to a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme just before this happened.
He is due to be paid this week but has received an email telling him that they are going to take £800 from his final pay for the bike.
He has received no voucher yet or placed the order, I'm just wondering if they can do this.

EBearhug Mon 11-Jul-16 20:53:00

I think he needs to speak to HR to say that while he signed up, he hasn't received the voucher, nor placed an order, so should not have to pay anything.

daisychain01 Tue 12-Jul-16 16:52:09

I agree Ebearhug, HR should just cancel the agreement as the voucher hasn't been issues or transacted.

Under the normal process of the tax efficient bike scheme, OH would be repaying the instalments for the bike from his future monthly gross salary.

As there won't be any future salary because he has been laid off, the agreement is null and void.

Kittyp75 Tue 12-Jul-16 18:45:26

Thanks for the advice. OH spoke to HR today and they've agreed to cancel the agreement phew. £800 was a lot to be taken when he's no job now and a mortgage to pay smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now