Help with an interview?

(3 Posts)
NowhereMan Sun 10-Jul-16 22:45:25

I was recently scheduled an interview working in a well known bank, and as this will be my first experience in this field of work, I'm looking for any insight on what I could be asked to prepare myself as I'm 100% clueless on what questions could arise and honestly, I'm crapping it as this job is such an important first step in what I want to do. The job role is customer relationships adviser and the interview is next week. If there's anyone here working in a bank or someone who deals with interviewees for their company with any information that could help me out I'd be really grateful. Thanks!

notagiraffe Sun 10-Jul-16 23:23:31

I used to recruit people for a customer-facing job. Not in a bank, but the basics might help.
first impressions are massive. Looking really well groomed, turning up early, arriving with a big smile, making eye contact, sitting upright, not slumped, being positive about your work experience so far are all crucial (you'd be amazed how many people come in, slump down and complain about their previous employer!)
You may be asked for examples of how you've tackled problems with customers/people in the past. How would you calm an irate or upset customer? How would you advise a customer who really wanted to go for an option that wasn't right for them?
Congratulations and good luck.

NowhereMan Mon 11-Jul-16 00:18:10

Thank you so much notagiraffe, this was so much more helpful than anything else I've read so far, so is a huge weight off my shoulders!

Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now