paralegals salary

(6 Posts)
debedoo Tue 28-Jun-16 13:24:42

Hi

Any paralegals on here or solicitors? Can you advise your current salary please and where based? I am looking at a new position with a £30k salary and wondered if this was good, standard or what? My current salary is way less than that and I want to make sure I am doing the right thing!!

Thanking you all I advance for your help xx

DragonMamma Tue 28-Jun-16 19:31:21

It depends where you're based and what practice area it is?

For the regionals, I would say it's a decent paralegal salary.

MummyBex1985 Tue 28-Jun-16 20:08:56

Paralegals around here (oop north) earn between £12,000 and £35,000 depending on experience and practice area.

MummyBex1985 Tue 28-Jun-16 20:10:35

The £12k is starting rate in PI, btw.

BonerSibary Tue 28-Jun-16 21:03:49

Area of the country, area of practice, experience level? 30k is a stunning salary if you're a newbie in PI, much less so if you're extremely experienced in a corporate firm. Solicitors almost always earn more than paralegals engaged in the same work, but there are individual paralegals who get more than individual solicitors.

Arcadia Sun 03-Jul-16 22:44:49

Depends where you are but sounds good to me. I am nearly 7 years qualified solicitor on £35k - which is pretty crap tbh but work for very small new firm set up by my friend and in not very lucrative area of law!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now