Sexual Harrassment

(6 Posts)
DailyFailAteMyFish Wed 25-May-16 06:33:12

Sigh
I've worked for the same company in a male dominated industry for years. Yesterday an im conversation with a colleague turned from friendly banter to comments about one of my body parts and how he had once followed me to get a better look. One of the remarks implied he wanted to see me naked.
He knows I am married, I told him to stop twice as we're on a very small team and I have to work with him. He carried on.
I have forwarded the conversation to my manager. I am so angry at this guy for messing up my workplace and being so very stupid.
And today I am going to have to walk into the office like nothing happened until I can get this sorted.
Aghhh

RomComPhooey Wed 25-May-16 06:38:58

Well done for referring the matter on to your manager immediately, which draws a clear line under this/sets a boundary. I hope your manager is decent & makes sure this is nipped in the bud & your colleague is dealt with appropriately. Your colleague is an absolute twat. And commiserations for having to put up with this behaviour.

DailyFailAteMyFish Wed 25-May-16 06:50:55

Thanks RomComPhooey!
My manager is a good man and I'm hoping he'll come through on this one and it will be pretty clear cut.

DailyFailAteMyFish Wed 25-May-16 12:00:33

Evil dude has called in sick. Thank god.

daisychain01 Wed 25-May-16 17:17:54

Glad he called in sick. Hopefully looking for a new job and will resign soon.

You can hold your head high, and at least you feel confidence in your boss's integrity.

Let's face it that idiot is a dead man walking in your company.

DailyFailAteMyFish Wed 25-May-16 18:03:25

Thanks DaisyChain01, I was so relieved he wasn't in. I hope he's off tomorrow too. Formal complaint has been submitted to HR. Interview with them soon. I am so angry with the idiot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now