Management .....

(7 Posts)
mammasmadhouse Sat 16-Apr-16 18:19:23

Hi all, hoping you can offer some pearls of wisdom, I work in an education centre. The management consists of 2 co directors, on a day to day basis they are not involved in the running of the centre., they most definitely keep out of the way! I take care of all the admin and the centre as a whole. I am becoming increasingly frustrated by the lack of input/direction from the CD's, they are supposed to input a set number of hours each week, but it appears that their idea of being CD is have the title only on their CV. Input is needed into both the strategic and future development to take things forward and build on the reputation. I feel that I am being left to do everything, and I am trying really hard to keep everything together and on track. I try to input into things and my suggestions are often dismissed and then a few months later, they are reinvented as their suggestions. I really feel that I am struggling to keep going, and feel that I should be looking else as I can't see things improving any time soon. Has anyone dealt with anything similar...?

lljkk Sat 16-Apr-16 19:21:41

You can't change them.
What can you do to make the most of the situation? Do you enjoy your job otherwise? Or is it time to plan an exit plan to a better job?

mammasmadhouse Sat 16-Apr-16 19:34:26

Hi lljkk, it's a fine balance at the moment, there are times where it is very stressful because they should be around to action some of the high level stuff, which means I have to find someone else to provide the high end advice, which shouldn't happen because it is a cop out.On the plus side I have a good salary, and have the part time working hours I need, but more generally work is more like a black cloud.

lljkk Sat 16-Apr-16 19:35:42

Who gets the blame if things go wrong?

mammasmadhouse Sat 16-Apr-16 19:36:10

I also work on my own, which can at times be very hard.

mammasmadhouse Sat 16-Apr-16 19:46:05

Forward planning and routine means I have most things covered. Where there are likely to be problems I flag it up, in terms of their accountability, it appears that those above prefer not to address things directly.

lljkk Sat 16-Apr-16 20:14:10

What's the harm in keeping an eye out for better jobs?

I have a boss who unreliably answers emails & is rarely in the office. I can feel rather rudderless too.

Sometimes I send emails "I will assume this has your approval..." and give decent time to reply then I get on with my plan (unless it's nixed).
There are 6 others in our team for moral support, and the job suits me very well in many respects.
Boss is nice when he is around, & commands a lot of respect for what he does contribute.
It sounds like the good stuff doesn't make up for the bad stuff in your case, sorry. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now