Occupational health assessment. Should I have heard back from employer by now?

(2 Posts)
peskyfeelings Wed 16-Mar-16 10:08:24

I have been off sick from my job since mid December 2015. This is due to severe anxiety and depression. Think genuine suicidal impulses and inability to even get on tube due to crippling panic attacks. It's been hell. I am slowly improving however thanks to medication and counselling.

I was sent for an occupational health assessment at the start of February. My assessor wrote to my employers on the 20/02/16 with his recommendations. His letter to them made several suggestions that he felt they needed to take on board to aid my return to work.

I have up until today heard nothing back from my employers. My OH assessor told me that it was likely they would ask me to come in to discuss outcome of my appointment with them. However my sick note runs out on 30th, and I feel that I probably should have heard something by now?

I'm starting to worry that I'm not going to hear anything at all. Am I worrying unnecessarily or should I contact HR? I've never been in this position before and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Thank you in advance for any help. smile

IWasHereBeforeTheHack Wed 16-Mar-16 20:14:39

In your position, I would contact HR and ask just what you have asked here. Tell them you have a copy of the letter and are looking forward to discussing how you can get back to work.

I would expect a reasonable employer to offer you a phased return to work as well, with reduced hours for the first 3-4 weeks, increasing your hours each week.

Hope you gets things sorted out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now