Employment Tribunals

(4 Posts)
themoreiseeyou Fri 19-Feb-16 20:55:16

Hi My name is Chris.

I am a secondary school teacher in South East London. I am taking my employer to an employment tribunal for unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race.

Does anyone have experience of employment tribunal hearings. I am feeling very bullied by the representatives of my school

Thanks in advance.

Chris

PippaFawcett Fri 19-Feb-16 21:07:30

Good luck. My sister took her employer to a tribunal on the basis of sex discrimination - she was sacked when she was pregnant.

Basically, and I haven't seen the ruling so I'm just going on her account of it, she basically lost but won an element which said they should have given her proper notice and accrued holiday pay etc. They were also told to pay her quite considerable costs.

But she has yet to see a penny, as they claim they can't afford to pay her, and they are going back to court at the end of the month to discuss this. It has been very draining/costly and time consuming. I wish you the best of luck, but be prepared for it to be exhausting and not easy.

Iguessyourestuckwithme Fri 19-Feb-16 21:11:04

I was due to go to tribunal but it was settled at the last moment out of court. Good luck

HermioneWeasley Fri 19-Feb-16 22:07:18

It is an adversarial process, and most claimants find it stressful. It is their job to be robust. What do you mean by bullying?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now