What if I get the job?

(4 Posts)
Millionairerow Mon 08-Feb-16 17:00:22

Going for new job as I need a change. However bonus due in April as well as a referral bonus and 5 year service award. Had first interview and new potential employer wants to meet me asap. Theoretically they should give you the bonus if u work till end jan but I know they've not honoured this in one case. I know I've not got the job yet but I know someone in this company who is recommending me. How can I ensure I receive my bonus if I leave?

flowery Mon 08-Feb-16 18:11:22

What is the exact wording of your contract/policy/whatever other document you have relating to under what circumstances a bonus is due?

FishWithABicycle Mon 08-Feb-16 18:25:34

When I left in similar circumstances I forfeited all bonuses as the t&c smallprint said bonuses wouldn't be paid to any employee currently serving notice on the payment date. I would have had to stay in a job I hated for 2 extra months to get the bonuses. I walked away with a spring in my step, it wouldn't have been worth it.

juneau Mon 08-Feb-16 18:30:21

Surely bonuses are discretionary and you only get one if you're there - unless you're on some kind of 'guaranteed bonus' deal? When will you get paid the bonus? I wouldn't leave until it hits your bank account, unless you can live without it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now