Holiday entitlement for p/t job

(3 Posts)
feathers Mon 01-Feb-16 22:00:21

I started working for the NHS in November last year. Our holiday year is Jan to Dec. I work 15 hours a week but my contact is confusing as to how many hours a year holiday I am entitled to. My contract says 100 hours a year to be taken pro rata plus bank holidays.
When I went to book holiday for the first time the other day, my holiday form says 60 hours. Unfortunately I work every Monday and Friday, so lose most of my holiday entitlement to bank holidays!
I went onto the government web site to check if 60 hours is right and they said 86 hours a year.
I am SO confused, all I want is someone to tell me how many hours I am entitled to and not put all this bla bla bla in my contract about pro rata!

LIZS Mon 01-Feb-16 22:05:33

How long are your days and what % of ft is 15 hrs. That % is then applied to the 100 hours and bhs (8 days is normal ft). When you redeem bhs it us only the number of hours you would have worked that day. Some will be Mondays and others vary so it will depend on your working week if you need them.

Fizrim Mon 01-Feb-16 22:08:24

Pro-rata just means part-time or percentage of. What percentage of the full time equivalent (FTE) is your role?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now