Studying on Mat leave

(4 Posts)
PoppieD Fri 29-Jan-16 23:58:46

Sorry if have missed a thread already, but what studying can be done on mat leave? There is a standalone module ie one semester long management course I have been trying to do for some time for work but as we are short staffed Ive not been able to- (I've not exactly helped by upcoming mat leave!) could I do something like this on my Mat leave? According to uni website it's only 2 hrs class time a week rest is self study, or am I crazy?! Baby would be aprox 3 months old and I would have child care.

Choughed Sat 30-Jan-16 21:20:37

It all depends on what kind of baby you are given!

I had a good sleeper and started a distance learning MSc when she was 9 months old. My friend had a colicky non-sleeper and could barely remember her own address for the first 6 months due to severe sleep deprivation...

PoppieD Sat 30-Jan-16 23:33:28

Thanks! I'll see how I go I think- like you say it'll depend on how baby is! Am thinking can always apply and defer if needs be!

OvariesBeforeBrovaries Sat 30-Jan-16 23:47:46

If you have childcare it shouldn't be too much of a problem barring a demon baby wink . I had DD in the middle of uni - she was born last day of my second year, I had the summer with her and then she went into childcare in the September and I went straight back into third year full time.

Studying with a baby is tough but doable! Best of luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now