Is this bullying?

(3 Posts)
Pippin8 Sat 09-Jan-16 21:08:04

I started a new job 5 months ago. It's a small team of 16 split over 3 bases. In my base, I am in a senior position, as is one other person. Then there are 2 more junior members of staff. The majority of the team have worked together for years, so are all very experienced & close knit. I have less experience but more formal training & qualifications.

Initially I was made to feel welcome, but in the last 6 weeks, the other 3 in my base have all turned on me in one way or another. I have managed to have a word with one & resolved the issue. But the other 2 have made it quite clear (in a completely snide & passive aggressive way) that they don't like me. The other senior is older than me & a complete snob, so judgemental. Always commenting on my clothes & the age of my children (I was a young mum). The other person, again older than me is downright rude & horrible. She goes out of her way to exclude me & often criticises my work to my face & behind my back.

I emailed an old work colleague moaning as I was so sad & she said go to my manager, but I don't entirely trust her not to tell the others.

HortonWho Sun 10-Jan-16 11:49:37

Pull up the manager that comments on your personal appearance and your life. That person should know better and she is setting the tone for others.

Who is criticising your work, a junior? Next time she does it, thank her for her comments and tell while you always welcome constructive feedback from all staff members on your work, her current delivery could very well be interpreted as bullying and under your work policy, is not tolerated. Suggest she emails you constructive feedback and cc's her line manager.

littlemermaid80 Mon 11-Jan-16 10:15:44

Yes it is bullying. Nip it in the bud.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now