Going back into work after 9 years

(2 Posts)
GreenGoth89 Fri 08-Jan-16 21:18:17

I last properly worked in 2007 before I started at uni. During uni I was too unwell with mental health issues to work alongside and I contracted glandular fever in 2011 after graduating and developed a pain condition which could be life long. I've been doing a masters course since September and I'm hoping I can start looking for work come this September/October, part time to start with as I can't spend the rest of my life doing nothing even though I still have fairly limited mobility and am in a significant level of pain at times, I've got to give something back even if it is part time. I've got a 2:1 in music and I'll have a history masters once I'm finished, but I have a disability and little work experience. Oh, and I'm 27 sad

I've done bits of volunteering and I know that my lecturers will give great references but I don't even know what I can do? I'd love to work in a library or in the heritage sector but I know its more likely to be office work if I'm lucky...

Any ideas how to explain a massive gap on my CV as well?

WitchyPoos Thu 14-Jan-16 23:42:23

Id put the volunteering down on your cv, I did on mine while I was unemployed For 18 months. It does count. And usually on equal ops page when they ask if your disabled and you click yes, they will take this in to account for gaps in cv I'd think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now