Am I being prepped for a sacking. Please help!!!!

(12 Posts)
lisa2104 Wed 22-Jul-15 21:45:20

My mind is working overtime. So I have been in my job about 18 months. Right from the off I have had negativity. The main problem is a woman there who has in time become my supervisor. She is rude to me, picks fault with everything I do and twists everything I say to make me look bad at my job. Then she will turn and make out she is trying to help and support me. It's become so stressful my anxiety has returned. Over the last couple of weeks my other boss has got her to micro manage me. I did make a few silly mistakes but over this time I think I have become much better at my job and much more organised. I am working hard and even being late to pick up my child to finish stuff. I only work mornings and I feel like while I'm not there she is feeding our boss negative comments about me. Anyway whatever I do they seem to find something else to pick apart. I am starting to wonder with the micro management, comments she is writing down about me and feedback she is giving back to my manager they are trying to get to a point when they can sack me. I don't have another job to go to but am wondering whether I should get out now before I am pushed.

LIZS Wed 22-Jul-15 21:51:26

They could just give you notice anyway as you've not been there 2 years. If you resign you probably won't get JSA . If you want to try to stay you need to request a review (most companies have an annual process) to set targets and discuss any performance issues.

lisa2104 Wed 22-Jul-15 21:54:36

Thanks. I had my appraisal which was actually ok. It's this woman. She seems to hate me and she is mates with the other one. I think she has just slowly talked her round. I could be being paranoid. Like I said I have anxiety and actually yesterday I got some ok comments. It just seems like most days they think of something to have a go at me about.

lisa2104 Wed 22-Jul-15 21:57:07

They said the micro management was for a couple of weeks so I can see what they expect of me.

Mutt Wed 22-Jul-15 22:08:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lisa2104 Wed 22-Jul-15 22:18:45

To be honest I never felt good enough for them anyway and I just don't feel it's working at all. Some days I get satisfaction out of it but I have never felt truly happy. I feel like I have made mistakes but we are all human and it doesn't seem fair this is happening to me. Why do horrible people always get ahead? When I mentioned I had made some mistakes because I had been anxious I got the comment I was making excuses and I have never wanted to bring my anxiety into it but I was starting to get a panic attack whenever I went in the place. The reason I haven't left is because I wanted to prove myself and I didn't want to stop my daughter going to her childcare. It's affecting the time I have with her later in the day though.

Mutt Wed 22-Jul-15 22:37:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

musicalbingo Sun 26-Jul-15 09:47:25

This jumps out

Over the last couple of weeks my other boss has got her to micro manage me.

This has performance management written all over it. We do it where I work, but they should be guiding and supervising not giving you chest pains and paranoia. That said, being on performance review makes people nervous which compounds the issue. It had almost always ends in a new job by or a termination.

Sorry to say OP but you are in a bad environment and it's unlikely to improve. Start looking for a new job stat!!

Fluffyears Wed 05-Aug-15 00:10:12

God it sounds like what they have done to me. I have been there over 3 years as have a person who hasn't even been there a full year micro-Maanaging and picking me apart as part of 'performance management' due to new boss not liking me. I'm looking for another role which is a shame as I used to like my job.

lazycoo Wed 05-Aug-15 22:19:54

OP you sound whiny sorry. What's the other side of the story? Why do you think they've taken a dislike to you? Not that it matters for now but could give you some pointers for the future. I think you're being performance managed and so you should leave. It's easier to get another job while you've got a job.

ethelb Wed 05-Aug-15 22:23:54

Im sorry to say it sounds like it. It is horrible working somewhere they dont appreciate you. Can you start looking elsewhere?

ethelb Thu 06-Aug-15 21:46:42

You ok OP? How was it today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now