Flexible Working Question

(2 Posts)
DueDecember14 Fri 26-Jun-15 09:32:38

Hi I'm looking for some advice. I put in a flexible working request to work my full time hours over 4 days as I have one day a week where I have no childcare and I am returning to work following maternity leave soon.

This was rejected but my work offered me other options including the option of working 8 hours a day for 4 days a week this reducing my hours down to 32 hours a week. I was encouraged to go away and consider this.

I had a think and informed then I was happy to do this however I was invited back in to meet with my manager where I was told that they would no longer offer this and my request would be rejected. They say circumstances have now changed because redundancies have been announced (they were announced a week after I had my meeting to discuss my options).

I was wondering if anyone has any advice? Can my work do this after making me an offer?

Any advice appreciated.

flowery Fri 26-Jun-15 12:42:53

Was a contract variation/any written confirmation issued?

Upcoming restructuring is an acceptable reason to refuse a flexible working request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now