Bullied out of job - what do I put on application forms as "reason for leaving"?

(10 Posts)
fessmess Sun 21-Jun-15 18:07:27

Hi, left my old job of only 17 months due to boss being horrible and making my life a misery. She had me on a capability procedure and was moving me to a formal one, therefore I jumped before I was pushed. She wanted rid and she followed procedure, so I felt I had no choice.

What would you put on an application form? I don't want to put "resigned" and according to some websites "personal reasons" is good and to others it's a big no-no.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Meow75 Sun 21-Jun-15 18:10:59

When I left my teaching job under similar circumstances in Dec 2013, I was very concerned about this issue.
I started putting that I had resigned due to a break in philosophical perspectives between myself and education officials, both local and national.

Seemed to be accepted but then plenty of teachers leave cause they're sick of all the shit.

fessmess Sun 21-Jun-15 18:12:30

Funny, mine was also withing school but I had a TA job. Have to say, I like your style!

fessmess Sun 21-Jun-15 18:15:04

within of course! I am, perhaps foolishly, applying for more TA jobs. The head in question has a reputation, maybe that'll help?

Rubylee87 Sun 21-Jun-15 18:15:15

"To seek a new work environment"

I put this after leaving a job (not to due to bullying but the school was going through a stressful situation that was going to be a long term thing. It didn't hold me back from finding a new position.)

fessmess Sun 21-Jun-15 18:17:40

I like it ruby, that's true and positive.

Fluffybear86 Sun 21-Jun-15 20:33:35

I've left a job for a similar reason I just put 'to continue professional development' simple x

vikihayden101 Mon 22-Jun-15 16:08:59

I'm similar to Fluffy - I wrote that I was seeking career progression that wasn't available in my current role... seemed to work and they liked that I was driven.

HRAdvisor Wed 24-Jun-15 23:31:33

Firstly, you shouldn't have resigned so soon. The capability route of dismissal is rather long winded.

Secondly, it doesn't really matter as long as it's not negative, i.e. 'personal reasons'. Any recruiting manager will know have heard it a million times before.

Saaraa19 Sat 26-Sep-15 08:57:57

Can you advise about what happened with your reference? I am now going through similar position and worried about if I leave what sort of reference will they write.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now