resignation letter- need help with wording

(11 Posts)
rockinghorseShit Wed 17-Jun-15 10:54:15

I am leaving my job as a community carer, mainly as it is too stressful, rushing around always being late for people or having to start early eg getting people up at 6am.
Also I am getting asked to work on my weekends off and bring made to feel guilty if I don't help, and getting phone calls on my days off.
I have been there 8yrs, but its so bad at the moment mainly because they are so short staffed and I'm sick of itsad .

I'm obviously not going to write all that down! but should I mention why I'm leaving and where I'm going, or should I just keep it short and sweet?

I can't imagine it will go down well however I word it! grin

HelenF350 Wed 17-Jun-15 10:55:59

Just keep it short and sweet. Do not burn bridges as you never know when you may need a reference etc.

RepeatAdNauseum Wed 17-Jun-15 10:57:49

Yep, short and sweet. There's no need for a list of reasons - you'll be invited for a leavers meeting if they want to know your reasons.

Keep bridges intact!

redshoeblueshoe Wed 17-Jun-15 10:59:30

I'd keep it short and sweet - no explanations, as that's none of their business (well it is, and if they were serious about improving things they would be doing something about it). Keep it nice, as you may well need a reference from them.

redshoeblueshoe Wed 17-Jun-15 11:00:16

x posted with everyone blush

AdventureBe Wed 17-Jun-15 11:02:17

Absolutely, short sweet and positive.

I regret to advise you.....I've enjoyed my time with......thank you for your support.

You never know when you might come across your boss again.

rockinghorseShit Wed 17-Jun-15 11:15:04

Many thanks, that's what I thought, but I googled resignation letters and they all had reasons on them.
smile

redshoeblueshoe Wed 17-Jun-15 12:14:33

Ha - if we all put reasons on them we would never get references

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 17-Jun-15 13:29:29

I would say you feel at the current time you need to alter your work life balance.

Unexpected Wed 17-Jun-15 15:14:27

I wouldn't put anything in. I'm sure the company are well aware of the issues and mentioning it in your resignation letter is not going to change anything. If you have an exit interview this would be a good place to bring these reasons up but I am guessing it is not that kind of company?

rockinghorseShit Wed 17-Jun-15 19:16:21

Thank-you, I was not intending to have a rant as part of the letter, I was thinking of saying that it was making me stressed, but I think I will just leave it simple and thank then for the (non existent) support grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now