temp agency owes me money...

(7 Posts)
unclebumpkin Thu 04-Jun-15 18:59:35

I did some shifts at a supermarket warehouse for a temp agency over Christmas and I was looking over my payslips and I don't think I was paid for my last shift. Also my first couple of payslips seemed marginally out.

I withdrew from the pension scheme as well - so am due approximately small refund from that as well. I have sent a couple of texts, but no response and it is not always convenient to contact by mobile. And emails to the actual branch offices have got no response of late or before was just told to try the onsite mobile number and/or were responded to by somebody with a not great grasp of english, anyway...

Any ideas...

WeAreEternal Thu 04-Jun-15 19:04:04

You should be calling them not texting or emailing, especially if they just ignore them.

Lunastarfish Fri 05-Jun-15 19:31:30

You'll probably need to lodge a claim in the county court to recover the money now (I expect you'll be out of time to lodge in the employment tribunal but check, if in time you could register with ACAS).

If you need to go to the county court Look online at 'Letters Before Action' and send it to the agency first. You need to work out how much you are owed.

unclebumpkin1 Mon 28-Dec-15 21:35:30

"You'll probably need to lodge a claim in the county court to recover the money now (I expect you'll be out of time to lodge in the employment tribunal but check, if in time you could register with ACAS).

If you need to go to the county court Look online at 'Letters Before Action' and send it to the agency first. You need to work out how much you are owed."

I think you need to lodge a claim within 3 months. Also I'm not sure how I could prove I worked those hours. I did wonder though about contacting the supermarket... is that maybe a good idea? This temp agency does have a bit of a reputation for ripping people off I've started to find from other people.

Thanks for advice

Stillunexpected Mon 28-Dec-15 22:40:38

You started this thread 6 months ago?! Have you done nothing about this in the meantime?

flowery Tue 29-Dec-15 10:56:35

It's all very well saying thanks for the advice but if you don't acknowledge it, respond to it or act upon it at the tine, you'll find it's less likely people will be inclined to keep giving it nearly seven months later.

Stillunexpected Wed 30-Dec-15 00:04:26

Actually, I've realised that you did these shifts over Christmas (so TWELVE months ago?)! I know it's irritating if you have been underpaid by a small amount but if it mattered that much you would have followed it up before now. At this stage, chalk it up to experience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now