Zero hour contract and holidays??

(5 Posts)
justaplainjane Fri 15-May-15 21:49:18

My DD17 has just left a weekend job she has had for the past year and started at a new place. The way her holidays worked was that for every hour worked she received x amount of holiday. On her last payslip (for the payday the week after she left) it stated she has 25.75 hours holiday remaining. Does her employer have to pay her these? There is nothing to say either way in her contract and can't find anything online, thanks.

tshirtsuntan Fri 15-May-15 21:54:36

I think they should pay, I had the same situation and it was just added onto my final pay. Could she query it? Not sure of the legal position.

TisILeclerc Fri 15-May-15 21:55:04

I don't know how it has to work legally but I accrue holiday in this way as I'm on a zero hour contract too. My company pay the holiday accrued each quarter so I never get to take it but I get an extra large pay packet every three months grin

flowery Fri 15-May-15 21:57:12

Yes if she's accrued (and not taken) 25.75 hours holiday, she needs to be paid it.

justaplainjane Sat 16-May-15 16:16:59

Okay we will see if she gets paid for it next Friday if not I'll get her to take it up with them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now