Interview presentation

(4 Posts)
bigomelette Fri 01-May-15 05:42:20

I applied for a promotion which I didn't get and have now received feedback.
Part of the process was to give a presentation on a set scenario. I have been informed that out of the 8 candidates I was the only one to stand up to present shock This has really surprised me - is it not usual to stand up to present any more?

manchestermummy Fri 01-May-15 10:08:52

Depends on the room really. I did a presentation yesterday and sat because it was the only way to sensibly use the keyboard (I was demonstrating some software). If there's a lectern I will always use it. For an interview presentation, however, I think I would stand. Did the feedback indicate that standing had been a problem?

bigomelette Fri 01-May-15 13:46:18

No, it wasn't a problem, exactly the opposite in fact. They were impressed that I had stood up to do it. Not impressed enough to give me though job though unfortunately.

HermioneGrangerHair Sat 02-May-15 22:09:17

Depends on the room, on the audience, on the subject, and on the role you're being interviewed for. If I was speaking to two people, I might feel a bit weird about standing up; ten people, I'd feel a bit weird about sitting down. If I wanted to give an impression of forceful authority, I'd stand up; persuasive and engaging, I'd sit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now