New job working from home - what to wear?

(14 Posts)
BattyBarbara Sun 16-Mar-14 19:23:47

After 25 years of office work I'm inclined to dress as if I'm going to the office, but it's tempting to just sling on my jeans. I know the other people who work from home often work in PJ's.

Anyone already working from home - what do you wear? Does it affect your attitude?

Thanks smile

smartiepantsgirl Sun 16-Mar-14 19:28:52

Yep, pretty much jeans here. I don't dress up but neither do I wear my pj's! If I'm going to the gym at lunchtime I'll put my gym clothes on in the morning, that way I'm less likely to find an excuse not to go grin

Congrats on the job.

Crikeyblimey Sun 16-Mar-14 19:29:56

When I'm WFH I tend to wear my jeans. I need to do the school run so pj's not an option. I don't find jeans make me less inclined to work.

BattyBarbara Sun 16-Mar-14 20:08:42

Jeans it is then grin thanks!

GarthsUncle Sun 16-Mar-14 21:33:44

Get dressed to delineate from being in bed, but that's all.

scarletforya Sun 16-Mar-14 21:37:38

A miu miu like Homer!

BrownSauceSandwich Tue 18-Mar-14 22:03:17

I work in a VERY dressed down office... Our director wears a tie when he's interviewing people, and takes it off as soon as they're out the door or we'd all take the piss Jeans at the office are pretty much the uniform. Everyone wears shorts and flip flops in summer. But even I would get dressed to WFH. Imagine you forgot you were in your PJs and did a video conference blush

I've just started WFH after a couple of years in a very casual dress office (same job, just now home based) I just generally wear the same as I did at the office which tends to be jeans or leggings,tshirts, cardigans/jumpers, boots or converse/flipflops.
Only difference is I wear my slippers now instead of shoes!

Though I am now pregnant I have been wearing leggings most days purely for comfort, with tops and jumpers that I probably wouldn't dare wear in public as they aren't quite long enough to wear with leggings shock

ninah Wed 19-Mar-14 18:11:09

dressing gown

pointythings Wed 19-Mar-14 21:27:49

We're smart casual in our office - smarter when we know we have people coming for meetings, more casual when we don't. What I wear when WFH reflects that.

PrincessOfChina Wed 19-Mar-14 21:35:04

I did a VC yesterday in a hoody and leggings. My colleague often does them in his stinky running gear.

Days I'm at home usually means jeans, but if I don't have to take DD to nursery then I'll wear PJ's til lunch and do some exercise then.

A big advantage to doing two days at home is only having to think up 3 work outfits a week!

Awks Wed 19-Mar-14 21:36:39

I wear jeans and casual stuff.

Beamur Wed 19-Mar-14 21:39:11

If (rarely) I am up super early and decide to get a bit of work in before everyone else is up, I'll be in pj's which seems hilarious!
But I usually wear clothes that are less smart (or clean) than I'd wear to work, but clean (enough), comfy and tidy enough to make me feel mentally 'at work'. Whilst still being ok to nip out and walk the dog at lunchtime!

maggiethemagpie Wed 26-Mar-14 21:53:16

pjs all the way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now