Advice please

(5 Posts)

I recently interviewed for a post I am really keen on. I felt the interview went well. I was told by my interviewers that I should hear by the end of the week.
I hadn't heard anything by the following Monday so I sent an email thanking them for the opportunity to interview and asking when I could expect to hear the outcome? I received a reply from hr saying they had spoken to the interviewers and they were expecting to have made a decision in the next week or so. Another week and a bit has gone by and still no news.
Would it be acceptable to send another email asking for progress and if so how should it be worded. I am currently on a temporary contract in my current job and was interviewed there today for a permanent post. However it's not something I ultimately would be satisfied doing and it's a small pay cut. I will have a decision on it by Friday. I really really want the first job and am going stir crazy not knowing.
Grrrrrr

Bumping for the evening crowd.

caroldecker Wed 05-Mar-14 17:59:25

I think another email after nearly 2 weeks is acceptable - do you have a phone number of HR you can call?

I do actually. Do you think I should give them a quick call tomorrow?

caroldecker Wed 05-Mar-14 21:12:20

I would - you won't lose anything (unless you yell at them grin )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now