Postgrad Primary teacher training with only a Third Class Honours

(2 Posts)
Gloria1969 Tue 04-Mar-14 21:05:46

Given the competition that exists today, and the fact there is always a stream of graduates with 2i's and 1sts it is very much a buyers market. My advice would be to prepare a list of facts about yourself that you could use in your application or intervew; I would include reflection on why you only came out with a 3rd (it's still a Degree!) and the lessons you have learned since, what your experience and personal qualities are and how these set you apart from other applicants. Good luck smile

VenusInfers Sun 16-Feb-14 21:43:41

Hiya

So, I've been working in technical theatre for over 15 years and am seriously thinking about moving into teaching. Ideally Early Years or Primary I think. I've started to do some volunteering around my work to get a proper feel for it, and I like it so far.
The b*gger being that I only got a third when I studied Biology, and for the first time in my life that might actually make a difference. I really can't do a full three year course, I've got a family etc, so wanted to do Schools Direct or something.
Any advice, oh wise ones?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now