Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

Selfemployment and deduction to pay.

(7 Posts)
deliverydriver Tue 04-Feb-14 23:19:40

Does anyone have any advice wrt this thread I started earlier please ??

I am putting this here for advice, after being advised to by another poster on the other thread.

TIA.

Hi, its a hard one as your are self employed. Do you hold any contract with them?

deliverydriver Wed 05-Feb-14 19:08:44

I have a service agreement, which is referred to as my contract, although I have no idea if they are the same thing in the eyes of the law.

ni its nit the same as a cintract but us yoyr agreenent wuth them
is there anythibg about deductions in it?

ffs sorry about typing on a shitty lian ohone

flowery Thu 06-Feb-14 09:01:38

I would agree with some of the other posters on your other thread that it's worth considering whether you are genuinely self-employed. Do you set your own hours, use your own equipment, get paid by results rather than by the hour, that type of thing?

Assuming you are genuinely self-employed it will depend on whether there is provision to make deductions of this type in your contract.

If there isn't, then it could be a breach of contract, however also check the termination provision and other clauses as they could terminate, or reduce or withhold work or whatever.

deliverydriver Thu 06-Feb-14 20:42:00

I have not yet received a copy of my service agreement, despite asking for it multiple times.

I do set my own hours, so long as parcels are delivered by a certain time, I can work as and when it suits me. I use my own car, but they provide my gizmo to scan parcel barcodes and to track me.
I am paid by results, so I am paid per successful delivery.

I will check once I get my service agreement, which will hopefully be very soon.

Thanks for all of your answers. They have been very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now