Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

compliance officer

(1 Post)
limbo70 Sun 19-Jan-14 16:18:52

Hi there, I received a phone call last week about a home visit saying they need to check that im on the right benefit.
So we arranged a visit for this coming week.
Now my husband has always as long as I've known him has been a reserve soldier and im on ESA & DISSABILITYbenefots and he gets carers allowance.
We received a letter stating hubby can work either 16hrs a week or earn £100 a week. His training nite is only 2hrs a week but can go away on ops.
The benefits agency wanted all his wage slips from Nov 2011 up to date, this was before xmas.
We received a letter stating that due to a change in income circumstances we were entitled to the same amount of benefits so we thought all this was over. Its been totally stressful even though u know ypuve done nothing wrong authority scares me to death.
Now the rang us to make this appt. A friend told me it would be a compliance officer as i need to produce I.D to show the person visiting.
Im absolutely terrified. My husband suffers severe PTSD and was deffered by MOD for 4 months. Now he's started back just 2hrs a week he's scared to go out the door.
Im afraid of the stress of this matter will tip him over the edge. Can anybody advise please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now